Saint-Pons has its origin in an abbey of the Benedictines, established in 936 by Raymond Pons.
The main centre d’accueil of the Parc Naturel Regional Haut-Languedoc is located in this small village.
Not far from here are the caves of La Deveze. These caves were discovered in 1886. A part of the caves was opened to the public in 1932.
The caves are well-known for their calcitonine and aragonine concretions.